Monday, August 11

[VIDEO] Invincible - "Sledgehammer"


Damn, this girl is dope. Invincible is a female MC from Detroit, down with the typical Rock CIty cats: elZhi, Guilty SImpson, Phat Kat, Black Milk, Now On, Buff1, and One Be Lo.

I know Hip-Hop is a male dominant culture, and a misogynistic one at that. I also know that some people don't get down with female emcees. But I don't need to tell you that Invincible can hold her own against any emcee - male or female. This girl has flow + lyrics, and a smooth voice to match. If there's one thing I can't stand in a female emcee is a rough neck voice (sorry Foxy). That shit is a total turnoff to me. I like my aural pleasure nice and smooth.

This track appears on her album, Shape Shifters, and was produced by 14KT and Hair Cut (Now On), from the Lab Techs. Impressive.

No comments: