Wednesday, July 16

Mickey Factz.


Ok, I'm not gonna front. I slept on Mickey Factz. I thought he was just another flavor-of-the-month internet rapper who got over night notoriety strictly from bloggers. Boy, was I wrong. Granted, he did start to gain his exposure from linking up with MySpace phenomenons the Cool Kids, along with his Leak series on the blogs, but this dude has some serious talent. If you're already up on him, then you know what I'm talking about and you can stop reading. But if you were like me and have being sleeping on him like a Serta, then its time to wake up and smell the hip-hop.

Born in the Bronx, Mickey is from that new crop of Golden Age throwbacks that have been invading the scene lately (Cool Kids, Pac Div, U-N-I, Fresh Daily, Wale, etc)...but don't get it twisted, he's no hipster rapper capitalizing on the current 80's and 90's revival. When asked if he'll be bringing New York hip-hop back he simply replies, "Why bring it back, when I can move it forward." That's what I'm talking about.

Every week he puts out a brand new song as part of his Leak. He's up to number 30 (which means 30 weeks), and I'm just now just starting to post them. Yes, I know, I need my late pass. But best believe I'll be posting his weekly Leak from now until eternity. While I'm getting caught up, let's get you caught up...

DOWNLOAD: Mickey Factz - "We Ain't" (feat Tanya Morgan) (The Leak #30)
DOWNLOAD: Mickey Factz - "Keys Of Life" (feat Robin Thicke) (The Leak #30)
DOWNLOAD: Mickey Factz - "Africa" (feat. D'Angelo) (The Leak #29)
DOWNLOAD: Mickey Factz - "Keep Moving" (feat. Fresh Daily) (The Leak #28)
DOWNLOAD: Mickey Factz - "Incredible" (The Leak #27)

That aughtta do it.

No comments: