Wednesday, July 16

[NEW] T.I. - "Whatever You Like"


This is the new single off his upcoming album, Paper Trail, which drops Sept 2nd. Above is the abstract cover art for aforementioned album. It features a conceptual drawing of the potent MC made of scraps of paper. Get it? Paper Trail, scraps of paper!?! Brilliant.

"We didn't want to just do a typical cover, especially for my sixth album," T.I. told us via e-mail. "I wanted to try something a little more different. The illustration for Paper Trail pays an obvious homage to my rekindled affinity for writing my lyrics down as well as displays my commitment to keep my art slanted towards the abstract."

What he said. But I actually like it. It's different. I mean, he could have half-assed it and put himself in a Bentley or in front of a table full of assault rifles, or something.

As far as the song, it's pretty alright. I'm not the biggest Tip fan, and when the song starts its kinda sounds like "What You Know" but it actually grew on me as the song went on. I mean, it's not going to make my iTunes Essential playlist or anything, but it's got potential.

DOWNLOAD: T.I. - "Whatever You Like"

No comments: