Thursday, October 2

R.I.P. Rap City


So BET is canceling their longest running show, Rap City, after almost 20 years. Not that anybody really cares, because nobody I know even watches that show anymore. But back in the day, Rap City was the shit. I remember coming home from school, and doing my homework while watching my favorite rap videos. This was long before Viacom bought BET, so the picture was shitty and you had to turn the sound waaaaaay up because the quality was so bad. It was like a bootleg version of a public access show. Those were the days. I'm talking about pre-Tigger, when Prince Dajour was hosting that and Teen Summit.

Thank Rap City for keeping me entertained after school.

Rap City is being replaced by a new show called The Deal, which will be a hip-hop version of Pop-Up Video. But not to worry, the legendary Booth will still be featured on the new show so that overrated emcees can still spit pre-written raps..

No comments: