Wednesday, January 28

Westcoast Wednesday.


Del Tha Funkee Homosapien - "Catch A Bad One"
Oooooooooooh Weeeeeeeeee this was my joint. This is one of those songs that I will be able to recite word for word until I'm dead. I'm dead serious. Del stays underrated as one of the illest cats in the west. The verbal gymnastics in this one are vintage D-E-L. I think this was the start of his shrooming and psychedelic days, so the drugs were working just well enough to spark mad creativity, but he hadn't completely lost his mind yet.

This song was on his (dope!) album, No Need For Alarm, which I remember buying on cassette in 1993, and it introduced me to Hieroglyphics crew. This was the first album that they appeared on. Shortly after, Souls of Mischief changed hip-hop when they dropped 93 'Til Infinity. See you get more than free music from this blog, you also get tiny nuggets of hip-hop wisdoms sprinkled amongst long winded rants and run-on sentences.

No comments: