Tuesday, July 7

BAD IDEAS IN HIP-HOP: Ron Artest's Tribute to Michael Jackson.


I swear, this dude's heart is in the right place, but....well, let's just say sometimes his execution is shaky. To say the least. The latest Los Angeles Laker, Ron Artest, decided to record a tribute song to the late great King of Pop, Michael Jackson. Unfortunately, Artest is insane. Like I said, I'm sure the dude means well, but come on, this is just bad.

The lowlights include the lines:

-"Michael, Michael, Micahel, you my nigga" (which happens to be the hook)
-"I know a thug wil cry for you, my dude. No R&B singer really make me cry, make me want to meet you...touch your hand"
-"You used to show me love. I know you didn't know me, but you showed me love."
-"Get off my nigga's back, all his music was straight crack"

-"I know you in heaven, I hope to see you next year." (Whaaaaat?)
-"He's my dude, he's your dude, he's a really tight dude."

and my personal favorite...

"Even though I'm always strapped, I'm putting down my Mac for Mike Jack. He's so wavy."

But don't take my word for it, listen for yourself:

[DOWNLOAD] Ron Artest - "Michael, Michael"

Wow. That was a really bad idea in hip hop, Ron Artest.

No comments: