Monday, November 17

Daily Dopeness: Come Clean.


A classic underground track. Dj Premier concocted one of the most unique and gutter sounding beats of all time on this one, and Jeru busts his "freaky, freaky...freaky, freaky flow" all over this one. When I first heard this joint I was completely amazed. This beat was perfect for Jeru. I couldn't hear anybody else over this track, so you wack upcoming rappers don't try to touch this one.

A crazy side note, I just noticed the album cover has an image of the World Trade Centers on fire. I never really noticed that before. But I guess it didn't have the same impact back in 1993. It's definitely eerie seeing that now, after knowing what went down on 9/11. Did Jeru The Damaja predict the destruction of the World Trade Center? Not even Nostradamus or Ms. Cleo saw that one coming.

DOWNLOAD: Jeru The Damaja - "Come Clean"

1 comment:

Eighty's Baby Apparel said...

Yes!! This is one of my top 5 premo beats.