Wednesday, November 12

Daily Dopeness: Protect Ya Neck.


"I never, ever call and ask you to play somethin, right?"
"Yeah"
"You know what I wanna hear right?"
"Whatchu wanna hear?
"I wanna hear that Wu-Tang joint"
"Wu-Tang again?"
"Ahh yeah, again and again!"


The song that started it all off. I remember it like it was yesterday. Shout out to the dude who worked at Wherehouse Music and convinced me to by 36 Chambers when I was 14 years old. i took this album home and was blown away when I first heard it. I was convinced that Wu-Tang Clan was nothing to fuck wit. There shit was light years ahead of its time, and it still sounds as good today as the first time I heard it. Most importantly. Wu-Tang has always given sound advice, from "diversify your bonds" to "you best protect your neck." Thank you, Wu-Tang.

This one's for Buddy.

LISTEN: Wu-Tang Clan - "Protect Ya Neck"

Until tomorrow...

No comments: