Tuesday, December 9

Notorious Movie is Diddy Approved.


This is probably really good news. Because I can't front, when I first heard about this movie I was highly skeptical - at best. It seemed like a worse idea than asking Michael Jackson to babysit. Biggie has always been one of my favorite emcees of all time, and essentially, bigger than life. I just assumed you couldn't do Big justice on the Big screen. When they cast an unknown rapper named Gravy to play Biggie, I was skeptical. When they cast a 12 year old as Lil Cease, I was skeptical. When they released the teaser, I was skeptical (Notice how they didn't show ANY acting). But as the reviews started rolling in, I became less and less terrified. People actually liked it. They thought Gravy had Big's nuisances down. They thought it was a good movie. And now this...

Puff Daddy recently told MTV, "truth be told, I was blown away by the movie. I was entertained by the movie. The movie is what was happening. Can't no critics speak on it. I'm telling you, that's my life right there. That's what it was. That's what was happening."

Now he could just be saying that because he's an ego-maniac, and loved seeing himself portrayed on the silver screen. But he was also Biggie's best friend, and if anyone has the right to shit on this movie, it's Puff. Something tells me he's being honest.

"At the end of the movie, it messed me up," Diddy said. "I was messed up for two weeks. It made you miss him in the right way. It made you count your blessings. It's definitely a tear-jerker. It's definitely a movie you're gonna be dancing in, crying in, you're gonna love it. You're gonna wanna see it again."

I'm actually excited to see it now. I'm still curbing my expectations, but I'm definitely going to see it and hope for the best. At least nd you know the soundtrack will be banging. Notorious hits theaters on January 16.

Take that, take that, take that.

No comments: